The Boy Scouts of America came to Ashaway in April 1912, when Ashaway Troop 1 was formed, chartered by the Ashaway Seventh Day Baptist Church, which continues to this day in the center of the village. In 1913, Troop 1 Ashaway comprised 15 boys who each paid $2 to spend two weeks camping at Schoolhouse Pond in Charlestown, RI. The boys hiked out to the site with their Scoutmaster, Rev. H.C. Van Horn, and their gear and supplies followed by wagon. Other Scoutmasters of Troop 1 included Med Page and Al Sicilano during the 1960's. Troop 1 Ashaway owned a Scout Hall and had a 99-year lease to Camp Collins, located in Tomaquag Valley (now defunct). During the 1960's, the boys of Troop 1 Ashaway would regularly hike to the camp on weekends and sleep in a converted corn crib, fishing in the local stream and swimming in a watering hole they had damned up. Troop 1 Ashaway dissolved sometime in the 1970's. A second Troop, Troop 32 Ashaway, was formed before Troop 1 dissolved but the dates of it's charter are unclear. Newspaper records indicate that it was operational in 1968 and 1976. During the 1960's, John Fallon was its Scoutmaster. Troop 21 Ashaway was formed in 1969 and originally chartered by Trinity Lutheran Church. Troop 21 and Troop 32 enjoyed a friendly rivalry until Troop 32 dissolved. Upon their dissolution they gave their building and meeting space to Troop 21. The Troop 32 scout building was the current Ashaway Grange and was used exclusively by Troop 32 and then Troop 21 until it was reclaimed by the Ashaway Grange Association in the 1980's. Troop 21 Ashaway currently meets at it's Charter Organization, the Ashaway Volunteer FD.